FS-1400 - Flame Simulator for Multi IR Flame detector - Spectrex
Providing foolproof, full loop testing of your flame detection system in Zones 1 and 2, Zones 21 and 22 hazardous areas at up to 40ft (12m) testing distance
To be fully secure against fire, flame detector self-testing is not enough. According to most local jurisdictional authorities and as required for SIL2 compliance, you need to test and ensure the integrity of your entire flame detection system at least once per year. That means performing a full system loop test from the detector, through the wiring to the controller, and up to the actual alarm notification. The only way to do so, without lighting a real fire, is with an external flame simulator.
Complete End-to-End Testing Using our Flame Simulator
The FS-1400 FLAME SIMULATOR is the essential complimentary tool to the self-testing capabilities of your Sharpeye™ Multi IR Flame Detectors. It brings fire prevention safety to a higher level by giving you the ability to fully test the operational readiness of your entire fire detection system:
• Test the integrity of all the system components: all alarm outputs, all cabling and connections and the fire alarm panel functionality.
• Test clear line of sight: By using the Spectrex Flame Simulator, you will ensure that no object is obstructing the field of view, and that the detector’s window lens is not obscured.
Therefore, by simulating a fire that actually triggers the detector outputs, the model FS-1400 verifies the correct operation of the Multi IR detector, performs an essential end-to-end loop test and verifies window cleanliness.
The robust and reliable FS-1400 FLAME SIMULATOR allows remote testing of flame detectors, which are often located in difficult to access and/or classified hazardous areas (Zones 1 & 2, Zones 21 & 22).
Replacing the old model 20/20-313
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Long-range flame detector activation – at a range up to 40ft (12m) – a 33% increase compared to previous simulator models.
- Reduced maintenance costs with easy access for testing detectors, in hard to reach places, from floor/deck level without the need for scaffolding or ladders
- Highly portable – for hand held operation by a single operator
- Easy aiming using laser diode
- ATEX/IECEx approved for use in Zones 1 & 2, Zones 21 & 22 hazardous areas
- Single charge is sufficient to test up to 1,000 detectors