Complete set 7º OSID smoke detector OSI-10-K
OSI-10-K - Complete set 7º OSID smoke detector - XTRALIS
Open-area Smoke Imaging Detection (OSID) by Xtralis is a new innovation in projected beam smoke detection technology. By using advanced dual wavelength projected beams and optical imaging technology for early warning smoke detection, OSID provides a low-cost, reliable and easy-to-install solution that overcomes typical beam detection issues such as false alarm incidents and alignment difficulties.
Unique Detection Technology
The OSID system measures the level of smoke entering beams of light projected over an area of protection. A single OSID Imager can detect up to seven Emitters to provide a wide coverage area. Two innovations in smoke detection technology have been developed for the revolutionary OSID smoke detector:
Dual Wavelength Particle Detection
The beam projected from each Emitter contains a unique sequence of ultraviolet (UV) and infrared (IR) pulses that are synchronised with the Imager and enable the rejection of any unwanted light sources.
By using two wavelengths of light to detect particles, the system is able to distinguish between particle sizes. The shorter UV wavelength interacts strongly with both small and large particles while the longer IR wavelength is affected only by larger particles. Dual wavelength path loss measurements therefore enable the detector to provide repeatable smoke obscuration measurements, while rejecting the presence of transient dust particles or solid intruding objects.
Optical Imaging with a CMOS Imaging Chip
An optical imaging array in the OSID Imager provides the detector with a wide viewing angle to locate and track multiple Emitters. Consequently, the system can tolerate a much less precise installation and can compensate for the drift caused by natural shifts in building structures.
Optical filtering, high-speed image acquisition and intelligent software algorithms also enable the OSID system to provide new levels of stability and sensitivity with greater immunity to high level lighting variability.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximum detection range of 150 m (492 ft) for the OSI-10
- Dual wavelength LED-based smoke detection
- Optical imaging with CMOS imaging chip
- On-board event log for fault and alarm diagnostics
- High tolerance to false alarm due to building movement
- High tolerance to transient dust, steam and intrusion of solid objects
- Easy alignment with large adjustment and viewing angles
- No need for precise alignment
- Tolerant of alignment drift
- Automatic commisioning in under ten minutes
- Simple DIP switch configuration
- Simple and easy maintenance requirements
- Three selectable alarm thresholds
- Status LEDs for Fire, Trouble and Power
- Conventional alarm interface for straightforward fire system integration
- CE - EMC and CPD