S3958BU - BUTANE Gas Detector 0-100% LEL, 4-20mA - Catalytic sensor - SMART3-R
S3958BU SMART3-R gas detectors are employed to detect Butane compounds (%LEL) in non classified areas.
The SMART3-R (with LEDs indication) gas detectors are ideal for non-classified areas.
They employ high quality catalytic, MOS sensors, electrochemical cells or infrared sensors, that grant an excellent linearity and accuracy, besides an estimated lifetime of four years for detectors with infrared or pellistors sensors and two years for electrochemical cell sensors.
The SMART3-R gas detectors provide a proportional 4-20mA output signal. By employing optional boards, they can either communicate on a serial bus RS 485 or provide relay outputs.
In details, the available outputs are as follows:
• 4-20 mA. Proportional 4-20mA output current corresponding to the full range (LEL or ppm).
• Relay. By adding the STS3REL board, the unit is provided with 3 relays with voltage free changeover contacts. One relay is dedicated to the Fault and Watch-dog, while the remaining two relays can be associated to two out of the three available alarm thresholds.
• Serial RS485. By adding the STS.IDI interface, the detector can communicate on RS485 bus with MULTISCAN++ gas control panels.
It is available also as 220V Standalone version with 3 relays card.
The SMART3-R detectors employ a powerful microprocessor that provides the following built-in features:
Self-diagnostic procedures to control the hardware and sensor correct operation.
Zero follower to maintain the detector zero point, from possible drifts caused by thermal or physical variations of the transducer.
Digital filter, employed in the digital analysis of the analog values sampled, this filter corrects temporary phenomena from causing reading errors or false alarms.
Hysteresis cycle: applied to the outputs associated to the alarm thresholds, it prevents continuous output switching when close to the threshold values.
The SMART3-R detectors offer a fast and failsafe installation as well as an easy maintenance and calibration routine via the handheld keypad STS/CKD.
The SMART3-R gas detectors run with a power supply at 12-24Vd or 220V and are available in IP54 rated enclosure and they have an integrated buzzer.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Standard 4-20 mA and 1 relay output
- Mode status LED indication
- Ongoing system self-diagnosis
- Wide range of sensors and detectable gases
- Easy sensor replacement
- EN 378, F-gas regulation and EN14624 compliant
- Optional RS485 interface for Modbus communication
- Optional 3 relay output board
- Optional double sensor for ammonia (ppm and LEL coming soon)
- 220V standalone version on request
Gas Detector type : Butane Gas detector