FI700/O - Intelligent Optical Analogue Smoke Detector with LST/700 protocol ARGUS SECURITY
The addressable Optical Smoke Detector FI700/O uses the light scattering principle and offers superior wide spectrum detection of smoke aerosols generated by the majority of fires.
Asymmetrical detection chamber of the smoke detector allows for optimal smoke sensitivity from all directions. The double dust trap effectively protects the detector against false alarms resulting from dust contamination and ambient light. An insect screen prevents insects from interfering with the detection chamber.
The influence of contamination of the optical measurement system is compensated for by using intelligent evaluation algorithms. With that, the response sensitivity of the smoke detector is kept constant for a long time - a further effective step to avoid false alarms.
The ADM loop technology with LST/700 protocol establishes a permanent communication between the fire detection control panel and the smoke detector. That ensures a periodical function testing of the smoke detector.
Up to 240 loop elements can be addressed on an LST/700 loop. In this way, extensive fire detection systems can be designed with a minimum expense in cabling.
One of four sensitivity levels with different alarm thresholds can be selected in the parameter settings of the control panel. Thereby, the smoke detector can be easily adapted to the respective application.
The bi-colour LED indicator on top of the smoke detector is visible from all directions and thus facilitates easy identification of the alarming detector. The LED indicates the alarm condition with a red coloured LED and the test condition with green colour.
In addition, an output is available for the connection of an optional remote indicator.
An integrated dual short-circuit isolator disconnects the loop in case of a short circuit. In this way, the undisturbed communication with the remaining loop elements is ensured.
The smoke detector address is set by means of the hand-held programming unit FI700/PU within the range 1 to 240.
In addition, the programming unit allows for the reading out of several parameters, such as the level of contamination of the optical chamber, the default analogue value or the production date.
A smoke detector function test can be conveniently conducted by using either a test magnet or an aerosol spray. Several types of smoke detector bases are available to facilitate quick and easy installation. To prevent unauthorized removal of the smoke detector, all detector bases are equipped with an anti-tamper locking feature.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- ADM loop technology with LST/700 protocol
- 4 different sensitivity levels
- Double dust trap and insect screen
- Up to 240 devices per loop
- Optional connection of remote indicator
- Function check by means of test magnet or test gas
- Operating voltage: Supply through loop voltage
- Current consumption at 24V: typ. 90uA (normal communication)
- Current consumption LED (alarm condition): typ. 6mA
- Output current remote indicator output: max. 6mA
- Sensitivity: -Level 1 1.37%/m, -Level 2 2.05%/m, -Level 3 2.50%/m, -Level 4 2.95%/m
- Ambient temperature: -30°C to +70°C (no icing)
- Relative humidity: 5 - 95% (no condensation)
- Dimensions: d x H (without base) 106 x 46 (mm)
- Colour: white
- Weight 90g