STMTS/S2-64MED - 16 zones upgradable to 64 zones Gas Control Panel MED, ATEX and SIL2 Multiscan++MED Sensitron
The gas detection system consists of MULTISCAN++MED gas control panels and SMART S-MS detectors, both purposely designed and certified to meet with the Marine requirements.
The system has been certified by the Lloyd’s Register in accordance with MED/3.54 Regulation.
The MULTISCAN++MED are advanced multifunction gas detection control panel designed to meet with the increasing requests for highly flexible systems.
They come complete with specific software that makes them suitable to be used in SIL2 plants.
A powerful microprocessor allows a wide range of self testing facilities to take place to detect and localize possible failures.
The system allows the connection of gas detectors and remote input/output modules via 2 closed loops.
The control panels can manage and monitor up to 64 gas detectors. These can either be addressable detectors, daisy chained on the available loops, or analog type with 4-20mA transmission, connected via remote 8 input cards STG/IN8-S2.
The system architecture includes 8 preset relays onboard the units and the possibility to have further 128 open collector outputs via remote STG/OUT16-S2 output cards. To these cards it is possible to connect 8-relays boards, should relay outputs be required.
Further characteristics of MULTISCAN++MED panels are:
- Event log accessible from the front display or to be PC downloaded.
- RS232 serial port for PC connection for programming or supervising the system via a specific software
- Printer parallel port for printer connection.
SMART S-MS (Marine & SIL) line allows monitoring toxic and flammable gases in harsh environments.
Designed to offer increased resistance to corrosive elements, this range of products is ideal for marine application.
SMART S-MS offer SIL2 Hardware, SIL3 software approved capability and can detect flammable compounds (%LEL), toxic compounds (ppm) and Oxygen contents for both its depletion
They offer a complete range of sensor heads for all applications: the SMART S-HEAD line has been designed to offer a wide range of alternatives that grant customers the
best solution to their requirements.
Pellistor sensors employed for all flammable gas detection, included hydrocarbons, ammonia, hydrogen, fuel and petrol vapours, show an excellent output linearity up to 100% LEL.
For aggressive atmospheres, where the Pellistor functionality might be seriously compromised by the presence of inhibitors or poisons, Sensitron proposes a range of industrial grade Infrared sensors: IR sensors are immune from poisoning and this guarantees a higher accuracy and a longer lifetime.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Control panel MULTISCAN++MED ATEX, SIL 2 and Marine certified
- High brightness LCD Display
- Real time reading
- Control panels from 16 to 64 detectors I its standard version
- Possibility to expand the system up to 256 inputs
- Gas detectors type SMART S-MS ATEX, MED, SIL 2 Hardware & SIL 3 Software certified
- 4-20 mA 3 wires output and RS485 Modbus communication
- Easy sensor replacement
- Wide range of sensors and detectable gases
- Wide range of accessories for installation and maintenance
- Zero tracking and system self diagnosis